- writer, director, and editor for a Hitchcock homage entitled “The First Chapter”. It was selected as one of the candidates for the Queen’s University Film and Media Best of the Best Gala. Currently, it is honored as one of the few selected Local Shorts at the Kingston Canadian Film Festival, and will play at one of the premium screenings.
- completed a documentary called “MixnMingle”, which delved deep into the unwritten rules of social interaction, especially in a student atmosphere.
- currently in pre-production for a feature documentary on the Iditarod, the world’s foremost sled race, in Alaska.
accomplished a feature screenplay on Raymond Chandler’s short story “Red Wind” (2008-2009) and a short screenplay called “Disenchanted” (2012), both in the spirit of dark comedy and lurid atmosphere.
- organizing shooting schedules, production, filming, and editing of segments for Queen’s Television and professional videography company Video Factory.
- editing, writing and directing television commercials for Kingston on strict deadlines.
Film Critic, Kingston, ON (2007-present)
- Resident film critic for The Queen’s Journal, one of the longest running university newspapers in North America.
participating as a film critic for Konekt Magazine, a student-run magazine encouraging journalism of arts or politics.
covered and reported on events, films, and exclusive screenings at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival and Reelout Festival (promotes gender equality) for Konekt Magazine.
- very prolific, complete about four reviews weekly and, in 2011, wrote 307 reviews total. I am able to write reviews very efficiently and under key time constraints.
- contributing film critic/writer to popular site Film Slate Magazine, horror film site From Dusk Till Con, MUSE Magazine, Cinema Wakeup, and the Canadian-wide magazine What If?.
- engaging in critical analysis, interviews, and reports on film based in the Kingston community and throughout the world.
- well-attuned to film history, engaging in numerous theoretical courses on Italian, Canadian, and American cinema.
Film Festival Volunteer, Kingston, ON (2012)
- contributor to the 12th Kingston Canadian Film Festival, offering assistance to visiting industry guests, ticket taking, food services, ushers, and marketing studies.
- collaborating with others to ensure a very satisfactory experience for the public and press who attend the festival.
Cohost of radio show “Cinesthesia” at 101.9 FM CFRC, Kingston, ON (2011-present)
- leading discussion and interviews regarding cinema of the past, present, and future.
- skilled at organizing interviews, preparing for on-air shows, and operating the equipment during a live program.
Journalist at Encounters With Canada, Ottawa, ON (2007)
- participated in the Encounters With Canada (Journalism) (2007), where I engaged in many tutorials, panels, conferences, and seminars on discovering the multicultural perspective of Canadian journalism and the direction of the industry.
- interviewing prominent journalists in Ottawa, learning about the fundamentals of this field, and engaging in tours at such television channels like A Channel and CTV.
- elected the candidate for Konekt Magazine to participate in conference for the Queen’s Journalism Society with UPIU (2011).
- collaborated with various Canadian journalists and engaged in panels and workshops with other student attendees for the annual Queen’s Media and Journalism Conference (2012).
TV Program Host, Kingston, ON (2010-present)
- co-hosts Youtube and Konekt Magazine’s weekly show The Final Take, discussing films from past to present and providing constructive film criticism to the public.
- guest critic for the Rogers’ TV show “The Film Slate” in Toronto, ON, which discusses and debates provocative and timeless topics in contemporary and past cinema.
- developing film discourse of modern filmmakers, Canadian film, and cinema on a global level.
|Familiar with Final Cut Pro 7, cut and edited several documentaries and films on this software. |
An expert with Final Draft, the preeminent software for aspiring and professional screenwriters.
Submitted by Parker Mott on Jun 20, 2012
Contact Parker Mott|