Comcast SportsNet/NBC Universal
3D Concept Design and Development
Currently, I am a staff Avid Editor / Motion Graphics Designer in Comcast SportsNet's Creative Services Department. I also use Final Cut Pro when doing projects for The Comcast Network. My main duties are On-air promotions, Long form program edits, and Event/Programming motion graphics. With these tasks come many other responsibilities including: time management of multiple tasks, communication with various departments regarding their needs, promotional theme development, Video compression for Web and Clients. Also, I handle the stylization post work for SportsNet's broadcast specials and creation of customized sales tapes for Marketing.
This past year I was given an Emmy Award for excellence in short-form editing. This was my 2nd Emmy along with multiple nominations and an AP Award for a documentary I edited.
My skill-set comes from years of experience working with people in dynamic settings. Whether it was 10 years working in the Financial Markets on a trading desk, business development for an Internet start-up, out in the field shooting, or developing promotional ideas with a team, I am an extremely adaptable person and enjoy new challenges.
All of the 3D modeling was done by me using Cinema 4D. I use After Effects to composite my elements and add lighting. Also, After Effects is primarily used for any projects that involve video and Photoshop elements. I use 2 different editors. At Comcast Sportsnet I use Avid Media Composer Nitris (5.... more
|Experience||• Primarily responsible for: On-Air Promotions, Event and Show Motion Graphics.|
• Create more efficient processes for smoother workflow and pass on to co-workers.
• Create motion graphics and edit long-form network specials including the program's open, promotional spots, transitions and bumpers.
• Work with Marketing to help develop Sportnet's sales tapes for specific needs.
• Manage Videographers shooting promotional spots and footage for long form programming.
• Lead Editor for promo series: “Yo Mitch!”: Emmy Award nominee
• Worked with Special Project Producer to create "Reggie's Calling". A 60-minute documentary about the career of Reggie White. Emmy Award nominee
|Education||2011 Emmy Award winner: Editor-Short Form|
4 time nominee for Emmy Award.
Winner of AP Award 2007.
Gettysburg College - BA Management with concentration in Accounting and Finance (Graduated 1990)
Community College of Philadelphia
|Speciality||Professional Motion Graphic Designer and Editor. Also, I can write and produce, but that is not my primary area of expertise.|
|Mac and PC.|
|Expert level Adobe Production Suite, Cinema 4D (r13), Final Cut Pro, and Avid Media Composer.|
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Jim Hartnett on Jul 2, 2012
Contact Comcast SportsNet/NBC Universal|