Freelance (Post) Production
Feb/1999 - Current | Baton Rouge, LA
Own a successful freelance business. Work with a variety of clients to create a diverse set of products focusing on creative for film and television. Produced animated film credit sequences; photographed features, shorts, and music videos; created visual effects shots; designed movie posters; created template and stock motion graphics products.
Select Film Credits
• The Courier / Films in Motion
• Burning Palms / Films in Motion
• Wrong Side of Town / Films in Motion
Select Television Credits
• Ecology Education Series / Louisiana Public Broadcasting
• 33Today / NBC 33
• Undaground | TV / Fox 44
The Moran Group
July/2006 - July/2013 | Baton Rouge, LA
Senior Producer/Editor for automotive advertising agency's production department. Mentored junior editors. Delivered approximately 25-100 broadcast advertisements a month. Frequently went from blank page to delivered spot in less than 24 hours. Worked with local, regional and national clients producing Tier I, II, and III advertising.
• Spearheaded facility HD upgrade:
Dual Apple XSAN Servers, 17TB Video SAN, 4 Apple Mac Pro Editing Suites, Fiber Network
• Designed and maintained department workflow/pipeline.
• Responsible for VideoSAN file structure and organization.
Visual Effects Artist
August/2004 - July/2006 | Vancouver, B.C.
CG Generalist for boutique visual effects house. Performed all aspects of visual effects creation. Supervised on-set photography; conceived visual effects vehicles, props, and creatures; and designed fictional UI graphics. Worked with Directors, Producers and Visual Effects Supervisors.
Select Film Credits
• Pathfinder / Twentieth Century Fox
• Totally Awesome / Paramount
• Meltdown / Front Street Pictures for SciFi Channel
• 7 Seconds / Sony Pictures
• Bloodsuckers / Lionsgate for SciFi Channel
• Eve and the Fire Horse / Golden Horse Productions (Official Selection Sundance Film Festival)
• The Love Crimes of Gillian Guess / Force Fore Entertainment for CityTV (Nominated for Leo Award for Feature Length Drama: Best Visual Effects)
• Firestorm: Last Stand at Yellowstone / Arts & Entertainment Network
• Kink (Season V) / Paperny Films for Showcase Television
• Alice, I Think / Omni Film for CTV / Comedy Network
Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc.
Visual Effects Concept Artist
August/2003 | Vancouver, B.C. / Canada
Fulfilled feature film concept art contract for Elektra / Twentieth Century Fox. Generated 2D and 3D concept designs under the direction of the Visual Effects Supervisor.
November/2001 - November/2002 | Baton Rouge, LA
Oversaw and directed the entire visual identity. Created a range of products including magazine advertising, technical documents, trade show installations and training videos.
November/1999 - November/2001 | Baton Rouge, LA
Created all visual materials for online music Internet startup. Including corporate identity, corporate and product websites, print and online advertising and marketing materials.
ComCorp Of America
November / 1998 - December / 1999 / Baton Rouge, LA
Produced all 2D and 3D graphics and animations for four sister television stations, WVLA, WGMB, WBBR, WZUP.
|Education||Vancouver Film School|
3D Animation & Visual Effects
07/2003 - 07/2004 | Vancouver, B.C.
• 3.3 GPA
• Elected as 'Class Representative'
• Created a visual effects-based short film, "The Thing In The Drain".
|• Production Techniques - Producing, Studio & Location Lighting, Still & Motion Photography, Jib Operation, GlideCam Operation, Directing|
• Production Tools - Lighting & Grip Gear, Canon DSLRs, Nikon DSLRs, Canon C100 & C300, Sony FS700, EZFX Jib, Glidecam Smooth Shooter
|• Postproduction Techniques - Motion Graphics, Visual Effects (Modeling, Sculpting, Texturing, Rigging, Animation, Lighting, Particles, Dynamics, Rendering, Keying, Rotoscoping, Compositing, Scripting), Editing, Sound Design, Audio Mixing|
• Postproduction Tools - Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, Maxon Cinema 4D, Imagineer Systems Mocha, Pixologic ZBrush, Autodesk Mudbox, Autodesk MatchMover
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Jason Nystrom on Jul 24, 2013
Contact Primary Distraction|