Graphic & Motion Design
I am a 3D/2D artist who utilizes creativity and teamwork in order to design and execute captivating art and animations. I am looking for a full time position where I can work either within a creative team or independently. I have worked on several projects using 2D and 3D software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Maya. I use my time efficiently, and strive to submit work ahead of schedule.
Ashley Smith Winter Reel 2013
Ashley Smith Winter Reel 2013
2008 to 2013
• Created short animations for local and nationally known bands such as The Angry Samoans using Adobe Flash and After Effects.
• Worked with bands to create album and merchandise artwork that best expresses the messages behind their music.
• Created Newspaper advertisements for local companies such as Creative Smiles Dentistry.
• Collaborated with photographers to create short films in After Effects for events such as benefits and weddings.
Bunky Babies, Brooklyn NY
Freelance Chief Creative Officer, 2012 and 2013
• Designed product, logo, package design, and websites from the owner’s vision.
• Co-directed and edited an infomercial that raised money for the production of the product.
• Created a working 3D model of product to display to investors.
• Worked with a production company overseas to produce product and packaging.
Laetitia Soulier Fine Artist, Brooklyn NY
Summer intern, 2011
• Edited several days of film down to a single hour to showcase how the artist created her masterpieces.
• Altered photos to create a hyper-realistic environment using Photoshop.
Thomas Kinkade Signature Gallery, Port Jefferson, NY
Assistant to the Gallery Director, 2006 to 2011
• Created elaborate window and gallery displays.
• Worked with a team to organize gallery events and artist appearances.
• Designed flyers for gallery director to inform her clients of upcoming events.
• Repaired damaged props, paintings, and frames.
• Re-hung the gallery.
• Maintained a clean and organized work environment.
Awesome and Modest Animation Studio, Brooklyn NY
Summer Intern, 2009
• Worked with the producer’s vision and as a team to design 2D characters for documentary film, “Waiting for Superman”.
• Assisted artist with storyboard and anamatic using After Effects and Photoshop.
|Education||B.F.A Computer Animation, School of Visual Arts New York, NY 2009-2013|
• Created a two-minute short film.
• Storyboarded entire film and designed all of the characters and scenery.
• Independently created all models, textures, and animation in Maya.
• Composited and edited film in After Effects.
A.S Fine Arts, Suffolk Community College Selden, NY 2006-2009
• Storyboarded and independently created several short fictitious commercials using Adobe Flash, Photoshop, and After Effects.
|Mac and Windows|
• Adobe Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
• Maya Modeling and Animating
• Final Cut Pro
• Illustration (colored pencil, ink watercolor, and acrylic)
• Maya texturing, lighting, and rendering
• Cinema 4D
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Ashley Smith on Dec 17, 2013
Contact Ashley Smith|