Editor / Preditor -- Jason R. Wood
Please visit www.ReadySteadyEdit.com for my portfolio, full downloadable resume and contact info.
|Experience||Hello, my name is Jason Wood. I am recently coming off a six year tenure with NBCUniversal cable division where I edited/predited a wide variety of original programming for E!, Style and G4's Short Form Production/New Media group. Having worked in the broadcast and new media space since 1999, and witnessing it's evolution, I have unique perspective and a wealth of hands-on experience producing long and short form content for television and the digital realm.|
In addition to producing original television and web content, I've worked closely with industry executives such as John Najarian (Executive Vice President & General Manager of Digital and Business Development, E!), to create and produce sizzle reels, sales reels and EPKs which were used to introduce the 2013 "E! Pop of Culture" rebrand and other industry initiatives.
I thrive in a demanding environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity, commitment, adaptability, communication, initiative and follow-through. My 14+ years working within the entertainment industry have taught me how to build strong relationships amongst various departments within an organization, resulting in the capability to work within a department team or cross-team. I am a creative by nature. My specialty is non-scripted storytelling. I also have dexterity in creating motion graphics; including cohesive GFX show packages, custom transitions, custom lower third beds, and animations. I have a strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality results. In addition, I have a strong post production technical background from my years as an AE. I'm capable of trouble shooting, fixing and finding workarounds with many editing platforms and hardware.
Below you will find a link to my website where you may view samples of my work and
Please let me know if I can provide you with any further information regarding my qualifications and background. I can be reached via email at Jason@ReadySteadyEdit.com or by phone at 323-793-1792.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about any employment opportunities you might be staffing.
Jason R. Wood
|Education||• Staff Editor/NBCUniversal Entertainment & Cable Studios (March 2008 - Nov. 2013)|
• Show Editor/Fox Sports Network/"Sport Science" (2007)
• BTS Editor/New Line Cinema/Bonus Features for Feature Film "Hairspray" (2007)
• Lead Editor/TV Guide Channel/"Square Off" (2006 - 2007)
• Show Editor/Speed Network/ "Nopi Tunervision" & "American Thunder" (2004 - 2005)
• Assistant Editor/Discovery Communications/"AKC-Euk. National Championship" (2004 - 2005)
• Assistant Editor/CMT/"Muzik Mafia TV" & "World's Greatest Tour Buses" (2004)
• Post Production Assistant/Dakota Films/"Viva La Bam" & "76th Academy Awards" (2003 - 2004)
|Speciality||• 12+ years editorial experience in non-scripted reality television, talk shows, documentaries, promos, music videos, press junkets, featurettes, long form/short form programming and marketing.|
• Strong non-scripted storytelling skills.
• Proficient in Avid Media Composer, Avid Symphony, Avid ISIS, Avid Unity, Avid Interplay, Final Cut Pro7, Adobe Audition, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
• Firm understanding of Production and Post Production.
• Excels working alone as a Preditor.
• Collaborates as team member with production staff.
• Resourceful at finding creative ways to solve production "issues".
• Innate sense of pacing through the use of juxtaposition, graphics and sound design.
• Dexterity in the creation of motion graphics, gfx show packages, lower third beds, custom mattes and animations.
• Ability to solve technical problems with editing systems and hardware.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, establish rapport with studio/network.
• Top notch organizational skills, able to work on tight deadlines and in high pressure environments.
|Avid Media Composer|
Adobe After Effects
Apple Final Cut Pro
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Jason Wood on Feb 13, 2014
Contact Editor / Preditor -- Jason R. Wood|