Full Service Video Production
Daniel Weintraub - Short Format Reel
Daniel Weintraub - Short Format Reel
This is my short format reel. Please contact me to see long format work - documentaries, comedy, short films, sports and more.... more
|Experience||With a degree in film and video production from Northwestern University, Daniel Weintraub has gone on to a lengthy career in the media industry with a wide range of experience.|
Beginning as an assistant editor, he moved on to become an editor, producer and effects supervisor for many of the biggest TV clients in New York City and San Francisco. Daniel also served for several years as a freelance consultant on advanced video workflows. Additionally, Daniel has wide experience as a videographer, shooting everything from news to sports to short films and music videos.
As senior producer and manager of the New York office for Hub+ TV operations, he helped to build all aspects of Hub+’s international TV adaptation business as well as handle day to day producer responsibilities and manage the Gillette brand with BBDO, New York.
Currently, Daniel is the owner of Capone Productions, a full service media company based the Hudson Valley, NY.
In addition, Daniel is a musician and sound engineer. He is part owner of Hell’s Kitchen Recording in Accord, NY.
Owner - Capone Productions, Accord, NY (July 2012 to present)
Capone Productions is a full service media company specializing in video production from concept through delivery.
Owner/Engineer - Hell’s Kitchen Recording Brroklyn and Accord, NY (2003 to present)
Hell’s Kitchen Recording is a recording studio that has been home to many an accomplished artist in every musical genre
Senior Producer - Hub+ , New York, NY (April 2007 to July 2012)
Hub+ is an Omnicom owned implementation agency, reporting through BBDO.
• Managed this London based company’s New York office and facilitated the company’s transition from a print based company to a full service media company.
• Worked extensively with BBDO NY as brand manager for all P&G international commercial adaptations
• Worked with nearly 100 countries in every corner of the globe to produce and deliver country-specific TV and web-based commercials.
Freelance Editor, Compositor, Consultant, New York, NY (2000-2007)
• Worked as a freelance producer, editor, compositor, and effects supervisor for Comedy Central, Nikelodeon, CMT, PBS, Food Network, NBC Nightly News, and many more
• Worked as a demo artist and trainer for Avid on the DS Nitris system with clients such as NBC Nightly News, HBO Boxing and Cablevision
• Worked as senior editor on series on The Travel Channel and The Food network
• Helped Cablevision set up the workflow for the nation’s first all HD television network: Voom
Editor and Compositor - Invisible Dog, New York, NY (1998-2000)
Invisible Dog was a full service commercial post house.
• Worked as an online editor and compositor on commercials for Canon, American Express, Johnson & Johnson, USPO, and many more
Editor and Producer - Highlite Productions, Sab Francisco, CA (1995-1998)
Highlite Productions was a full service productions and post-production house
- Directed, Produced, and Edited music videos, documentaries, and local television
- Gathered and edited news programs for SF public access news
Photographer - The Washington Post, New delhi, India (1987)
- Worked as an assignment photographer in South East Asia for The Washington Post
B.S. - Northwestern University - Radio/Television/Film - 1991
Winner - First Prize - Atlanta International Student Film Festival for "I Should Have Known"
Winner - Best Experimantal Film at Northwestern University for "Days of Wrath"
Awarded - 1990 School of Speech Film Grant at Northwestern University
Winner - New York Midnight Madness Film Festival for "For a Quarters More"
Featured - Cinequest Film Festival, Vision Fest, New York Digital Film Festival, New York Independent International Film Festival, Torino Film Festival, Moab Film Festival, Fort Lauderdale Film Festival for numerous short films.
Winner - BDA and ProMax awards for work done on various Comedy Central promo campaigns
|Cinematography - Various still, HD and film cameras. Location and studio lighting|
Sound - Location and studio sound recording. Expert in microphone technique with a large collection of microphones.
|Editing - Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro 7 and X, Avid Media Composer, Avid DS Nitris. Daniel worked as a demo artist and trainer for Avid on the DS Nitris with clients including NBC Nightly News and HBO Boxing.|
Design/Effects/Compositing - Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Avid DS Nitris
Web Design - Adobe Muse
Sound - Pro Tools, Digital Performer and Logic Pro
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Daniel Weintraub on Nov 16, 2015
Contact Capone Productions|