The Intelligent Machine
1499 US Highway 59 S -
Edna, Texas - 77957 - United States
--Project Highlights Concept / 3D Design--
Company: The Trade Group
Project: Interactive Firefall Encyclopedia - Animation for Interactive Display Technology (Jul-Aug 2012)
• Rigged, textured, posed and animated series of characters, creatures and weapons which were incorporated into an interactive Firefall encyclopedia.
Project: Firefall Dome Art (Jul 2012)
• Assisted with layout, cuts and large scale renders of artwork that was wrapped on steel structured dome for Firefall trade show exhibit.
Project: Firefall Mobile Gaming Unit - Layout, Design, Renders, & 3D Print Models (Nov 2011 - Jun 2012)
• Designed the Firefall Mobile Gaming Unit and its interior components that was then "brought to life" by West Coast Customs.
Project: Firefall Trade Show Exhibit - Diorama Layout Design (May 2011)
• Composed the layout and rendered perspective views of Firefall trade show exhibit diorama. • Rendered images used for conceptual pre-visualization and delivered 3D posed character models that were fabricated into life-size statues for 20'x20' diorama exhibit.
Project: Verizon Wireless Promotional Material (Jun 2012 & Nov 2011)
• Digitally sculpted and rendered photorealistic 360 degree views of existing mobile accessory products which were used in Verizon Wireless online promotional material.
--Corporate Promotional & Training Videos--
Company: The Doctors Company
Projects: Motion Graphics Informative Videos (2013 to Present)
• Produced, creative directed, and animated over twenty 2.5 to 5 minute motion graphics videos that directly correspond to printed and website material published by The Doctors Company, the nation's largest physician-owned medial malpractice insurance company.
• Researched the subject matter related to each video topic, including case studies on closed malpractice claims, the state of the healthcare industry, and products and services provided by The Doctors Company and its subsidiaries.
• Wrote the visual elements of each video script after reviewing the voice over copy and supporting case study documents provided by the client.
• Many of these videos have won multiple awards individually or as part of a broader marketing / social media outreach campaign.
Company: APC Holdings
Projects: Motion Graphics Informative Videos (2012 & 2013)
• Animated two motion graphics videos for the investment group targeting small businesses looking for growth with MBE designation and MBE investment partners.
--Visual Effects for Film and TV--
Film Credits for "Visual Effects Supervisor" and/or "Digital Effects"
• The Brazilian Connection (2019)
• Waterloo Sunset (2019)
• Two Girls (2018)
• Immortality of the Conscious Mind (2018)
• The Vampire Leland (TV Pilot - 2016)
• Harbinger (2015)
• 2Survive (2015)
• The Hours Till Daylight (2015)
• Booth (short - 2014)
• The Global Warming War (documentary - 2014)
• All Roads Lead to Occidental (2014)
• The Dark Walk Backward (short - 2014)
• Trooper and the Legend of the Golden Key (2012)
• The Ascendant (short - 2012)
• The Stray (2012)
• Cinnamon (short - 2011)
• Harley's Hill (2011)
• Seeker & Fetch (2011)
• Paperless Office (short - 2010)
Full list of film credits on IMDb:
VFX + Color Reel:
|Experience||Freelance: Visual Effects Supervisor / Digital Effects / Motion Design / Concept The Intelligent Machine (formerly Digital Milieux & unincorporated) ??" Austin, TX|
• Founded LLC for self-employed / freelance business and have run it successfully for over nine years.
• Incorporate a variety of design, animation, and visual effects tools and skills to create realistic effects and eye-catching 3D visuals for many independent films, TV commercials, branded videos and other design/animation studios.
• Prepare bids and proposals for many motion design and visual effects projects, providing relevant work samples, comprehensive breakdowns of cost, schedules for deliverables, and a workflow synopsis for each kind of project.
• Work with small business CEO’s and large corporate marketing or communications directors to write compelling visual scripts for targeted motion graphics videos for websites, social media, and corporate events.
• Work side-by-side with film producers and directors on many short films, documentaries, feature-length independent films, music videos, live action promotional videos, and training series.
• Design and model custom 3D digital assets for use in films, product promotional material, and trade show and special event exhibits.
• Manage many internal and client projects simultaneously utilizing an online, self- hosted and custom-tailored project management system.
• Subcontract project tasks that fall outside of internal expertise, such as sound design and voice talent.
Texas Army National Guard & Active Duty U.S. Army
• Worked for the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, HHC, 49th Armored Division (Camp Mabry, Austin, Texas).
• Deployed to Bosnia-Herzegovina, Operation Joint Forge, Stabilization Force 7.
• Received many awards and medals for service and performance.
• Performed legal research and analysis and prepared legal documents for attorneys.
• Prepared Wills and Powers of Attorney for deploying soldiers and their families before review and counsel by an attorney.
CAD Draftsman | Designer
Nored Architecture ??" San Antonio, TX
• Designed apartments - adaptive reuse of warehouse buildings.
• Produced many CAD design documents for residential, commercial, industrial, and historical preservation projects.
• Provided site verification and photo-documentation of existing conditions.
CAD Draftsman | Designer
House Plans, Etc. ??" Marble Falls, TX
• Drafted design documents for residential projects. • Designed custom gated residential entries.
• Designed custom cabinetry.
|Education||Bachelor of Arts: Computer Graphic Arts with Concentration in 3D Animation|
University of the Incarnate Word ??" San Antonio, TX
• Trained in all aspects of Cinema 4D, Maya, and Adobe software.
• Learned the animation production pipeline in full and put into practice with collaborative group projects.
Studies in Architecture and Fine Art
The University of Texas at San Antonio ??" San Antonio, TX
San Antonio College ??" San Antonio, TX
Northwest Vista College ??" San Antonio, TX
• Double-majored in architecture and fine arts before transferring to University of the Incarnate Word to study computer graphics.
• Completed many foundation courses in preparation for transferring to UIW.
|Speciality||• 3D Modeling and Animation|
• Concept Design
• Motion Design
• Creative Direction
• Visual Effects Supervision
• Digital Effects and Compositing
• Color Grading
• Scripting and Automation
• Video Production (all phases)
• Presentation Design
• Comprehensive Budget Breakdowns
• Project Management
• Fully Loaded 2017 iMac Pro - Primary Workstation
• Fully Loaded 2013 Mac Pro - Secondary Workstation
• Multiple dedicated render nodes
• High-speed Thunderbolt RAID Storage
• NAS backups performed nightly
|• Cinema 4D Studio R20 -- Expert|
• Fusion Studio -- Expert
• DaVinci Resolve Studio -- Advanced
• Affinity Designer -- Advanced
• Affinity Photo -- Advanced
• Final Cut Pro -- Advanced
• Unreal Engine 4 -- Intermediate
• macOS - Expert
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Sam Treadway on May 25, 2019
Contact The Intelligent Machine|
1499 US Highway 59 S -