777 kingston ave -
Piedmont, CA - 94611 - United States
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to consider me for the position of Motion Graphics Artist.
For the past 5 years, I have worked for a number of different clients and companies both individually and collaboratively, from teams of designers and editors, to producers, directors and C-suite members of major corporations. Having been the Senior Animator and VFX Supervisor under the post production team of a streaming media network, I have developed exceptional skills in executing industry standard animation, motion graphics and video production for multiple projects simultaneously, on a product launch schedule with priority-based deadlines.
Most recently, I have been working remotely to execute projects from inception to execution for production and marketing teams, establishing pipelines and managing communication between all parties involved. Working routinely in the Adobe Creative Suites, specifically After Effects and Premier, as well as Photoshop, Illustrator and 3DS Max, I have created animations and graphics for a wide variety of products and services, including development of modular 3D models, textures, camera rigs, as well as type treatments and full style guide packages.
I am confident I have the skill set and experience to help any team communicate their message in the clearest and most creative ways possible using the most advance tools and strategies in visual storytelling.
Attached you will find my resume and a link to my online portfolio. If my qualifications and experience feel like the right for this position, please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss the role further.
|Experience||C-FIRE Oakland, CA November 2019 ??" February 2020|
Art Director & Lead Animator
Contracted to bring traditional Chinese paintings to life utilizing a combination of 2D and 3D animation techniques for the largest LCD spectacle in the world at the MGM Cotai.
• Directed project consisting of over 250 minutes of animated content for 25 large scale screens, coordinating between artist, animators and clients as well as on site technical staff
• Created all required motion graphics and animation, managing revisions, technical execution and rendering of final deliverables
Gaia Boulder, CO June 2016 ??" October 2019
Senior Animator & VFX Supervisor
Recruited as sole animator and motion graphics artist for streaming media service, collaborating with producers, directors and creative teams to design intricate 2D and 3D animations. Successfully generated library of over 800 modular 3D models and procedural effects.
• Directed and designed all digital media requests, including modeling, rigging, texturing, and rendering animations for product launches, marketing campaigns and show assets.
• Led product research to maintain industry standard trends and programs, providing best-in-class graphics for post-production
• Initiated efficient workflows and pipelines for all assets and deliverables, assisting in cross-team collaboration
• Managed brand accuracy and consistency for original content through the creation of lower thirds, show opens and graphics
OK Consultancy Portland, OR September 2013 ??" May 2016
Art Director and Lead Designer
Graphic designer and animator and motion graphics artist focusing on marketing and business development, delivering motion graphics, animation, web design and strategies for independent artist, non-profits and corporations.
• Provided art direction, 2D and 3D animation for product launches, music video production, gallery shows and live performances
• Offered marketing management and consulting to help visually communicate stories through brand identity
|Education||Bachelor of Arts, Animation|
Minor: Timed Arts
Portland State University, OR
Capstone: Sustainable Architecture
GOBELINS L’Ecole De
L’Image: Certificate of
Achievement in Animation
Paris, France 2019
|Speciality||Professional and passionate Art Director, Animator and Motion Graphics Artist with over 5 years of experience providing industry standard animations and visual content for post-production teams and marketing campaigns. Proficient in visual communication strategies for corporate and freelance clients, managing and collaborating with a variety of teams on multiple projects to execute complex, detailed and dynamic graphics for product and content launches.|
|Proficient in both Mac and Windows OS as well as app and social media development. Own and operate a Wacom Cintiq and a customized Macbook pro.|
|Proficient in all industry standard design and animation software including the entire Adobe Creative Suits with exceptional skills in After effects, Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator and Animate, as well as a variety of 3D programs including Autodesk Maya and 3DS MAX, Cinema 4D, V-Ray, and Keyshot|
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Sam Kalafat on Mar 16, 2020
Contact Samuel Kalafat|
777 kingston ave -