I am fully capable of taking projects from concept to completion. I wear many hats, and some fit better than others.
|Experience||- Owner, Accent Studio. Cedar Falls, IA (May 2010-present)|
- Created a business plan and implemented a marketing strategy to grow a video production studio, handling every aspect from expos and graphical promotions to shooting and interviewing clients.
- Directed, shot, edited, logged, wrote script, set up interviews, and client serviced.
- Coordinated shoot dates and creative meetings with clients. I constantly kept in contact with clients to keep them up to date and aware of current projects.
- Managed finances, freelance workers, and inventory.
- Fully produced corporate videos for the premiere metal forge company Prairie Forge and Crossfit affiliate gym, The Gym Crossfit Kilo.
- Researched new techniques and latest products to constantly improve the quality of the videos.
- Handled financing such as coming up with a final billing for clients as well as the cost of new equipment.
- Headed all projects from inception to completion.
- Show Producer/Assistant Engineer, Trinity Broadcasting Network. Orion, Illinois. (August 2012-Present)
- Fully produced, shot, scheduled guests, edited the show Joy In Our Town. Joy In Our Town is a weekly, 30 minute show that informs the community about issues such as public safety, health, and education.
- Programmed broadcasting schedules.
- Maintained transmitter room and oversaw it's upkeep.
- Editor/ Associate Creative Producer, Mudd Advertising. Cedar Falls, IA. (May 2008-August 2012)
o Edited commercials for broadcast on local and national stations across the country.
o Manage a number of team members in handling the creative of client accounts. Managed the process from start to finish. Routinely kept in touch with client and Account Executive throughout the process.
o Constantly challenged myself to come up with fresh creative.
o Made eye-catching video to raise awareness for our clients.
o Produced a promotional video for Wynonna Judd’s new album.
o Routinely met tight deadlines and completed spots with same day turnarounds.
o Collaborated with team members (Account Executives, Graphic Artist, Script Writer, and Shooter) to come up with new campaigns and creative.
o Produced campaigns to promote client events from concept to finish.
- Producer, OnMedia Advertising. Cedar Falls, IA. (February 2006-May 2008)
o I was put in charge of directing, script writing, video editing, shooting, lighting, and arranging actors.
o As a one man team, I coordinated shoots, talent, clients, schedules, and location arrangements.
o Constantly in contact and communication with clients and Account Executives. Met with many businesses (big and small) to come up with ways to market and sell their business in unique and effective ways. Also, presented script ideas to clients and sometimes to an entire board.
o Multi tasked up to fifteen projects at once with each project in various stages of production.
o Turned around some spots as fast as two days. Writing script, shooting editing in forty eight hours to meet the deadline.
o Learned how to shuffle through the clutter to better communicate to clients and associates what needed to get done and the best way to execute it.
- Assistant Producer, Loras College. Dubuque, IA. (September 2004-Feburary 2006)
o Shot video, edited script, logged tape, lit interviews, and coordinated talents and schedules.
o Worked on award winning videos, including a documentary for Wartburg Theological College and a corporate video for McGraw Hill that launched their new text book.
o Produced a video about the Jail Diversion program, a program meant to keep repeat offenders out of jail. I arranged to create a reenactment of a typical arrest scenario. Also, worked with county and city officials to shoot in the jail and for other various shots.
- Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premier Pro, Avid Xpress, After Effects 7.0, DSLR Cameras, Color Correction, Photoshop, Quark, Audition, Arri Light Kit, Media 100, Beta SP camera, Panasonic DV camera, JVC DV camera, and Digi beta.
- Metro Studios. Summer 2005. Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Assistant producer.
- Producer of the Quarter 2007. OnMedia Advertising.
- 1st place. Best corporate video. “The Gift He Gives You”. IBNA
- !st and 2nd place 2008 OnMedia “Best of the Best” nationwide employee competition.
|Education||Class of '05 Loras College. |
Brainstorming and conceptualizing
Panasonic HMC 150
Arri Light Kit
Kino Flo Lighting
|Final Cut Pro|
Adobe Media Encoder
DVD Studio Pro
View Demo Reel
Submitted by Nathan Trenkamp on Jul 2, 2012
Contact Nathan Trenkamp|