Video Integration and System Design
|Experience||• Management of IT staﬀ team.|
• Workflow development consultation with staﬀ and creative clients.
• On-set technical services including workflow development for commercial shoots with Fortune 100
• Management, migration, troubleshooting and disaster recovery on very large SAN installations providing fibre-attached
storage to over fifty Final Cut Pro edit, Color/Da Vinci grade, and ProTools sound suites.
• Virtualisation of key servers, built bespoke physical servers for content delivery to clients.
• Large scale archive and backup (Tivoli TSM, later PresSTORE) solutions designed, implemented and managed.
• Project managed, built ProTools 5.1 and VFX departments, including multi-core fibre installations. Further design, build and management of entire FCS based facilities.
• Designing, coding and rolling out web-based integrated bespoke project tracking system to monitor
project usage and client activity, pulling data from shell scripts and proprietary client management/
scheduling/facility management software and databases.
• General sysadmin: Xsan, Final Cut Studio, DNS, OD, LDAP, render farm, Cacti/Nagios Autodesk,
Shake, After Effects, Maya, Nuke and other software support and development.
• Liaising with clients and suppliers to ensure service was eﬃcient and incoming purchases were of
• Creating workflows originating from camera, card or tape to chosen delivery medium: broadcast tape, feed or web delivery.
• Ingest and transcoding systems
|Education||BSc, Computing Science (2007)|
BTEC NatDip, Computing (2001)
|Speciality||Workflow design and implementation, fast turnaround facility builds, high performance systems administration|
|Fibre switching (Q Logic); Networking hardware, Mac & PC hardware,|
|Mac OS X; Windows; Linux (Debian, CentOS/Fedora/RHEL); MySQL; Desktop & Server Support; Exchange; PHP; Internet; Intranet; Oﬃce; NAS; XSan; Farmers Wife; VMWare; Training; Network: DHCP, DNS, HTTP, AFP, SMB, NFS, NAT, VPN; FileMaker Pro; |
Scripting: Automator, AppleScript, BASH; VoIP; Python: Apple: Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Color, Motion, Shake; Adobe: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, After Eﬀects; The Foundry Nuke; Autodesk Maya,
Smoke; MAXON Cinema 4D
Submitted by Andy Shepherd on Nov 28, 2012
Contact Andy Shepherd|