Video and Motion Graphic Designer
Visual Development 3D and 2D
Bucknell University, a leading liberal arts university in central Pennsylvania is looking to expand its Communications Division with a Video and Motion Graphics Designer. If you are an exceptional 2D and 3D motion-graphics designer, camera operator, and skilled non-linear and post-production editor, with a strong professional demeanor, excellent critical-thinking skills and the ability to collaborate well creatively, this position may be for you. Primary responsibilities will involve creating and participating in the development of video presentations for various formats and venues to support Bucknell's digital communications plan. You will direct and create video products that can successfully be used for internal and external communications, including for the website, events and in support of news and media communications. This position works directly with the web development team, reports to the Senior Video and New Media Developer, and is part of the Division of Communications (encompassing media relations, editorial, print design and production, and web development).
Create compelling 2D and 3D motion graphics as well as identify video and multimedia opportunities to support Bucknell's digital communications efforts.
Plan, develop, and execute multimedia concepts from start to finish, often under tight deadlines.
Make recommendations regarding software and hardware for use in producing professional graphics and multimedia products.
Meet with faculty and staff clients to establish project parameters, audience, goals, and priorities.
Supervise the work of student multimedia assistants. Participate in division-wide planning activities and on-going collaborative projects.
Participate in design decisions concerning Bucknell's website.
Make recommendations for improving web development work flow.
Collaborate with key staff in other departments, notably including Library & IT, English/film studies faculty, development, admissions, and a wide range of academic programs.
Maintain, respect, and protect the confidentiality of information held within, or transferred across, the university's computer and communication resources in any format.
|Education||Minimum Qualifications1. Minimum of five years of relevant video/graphics development experience.|
2. Solid understanding of all aspects of studio and location single- and multiple-camera production, including professional lighting and audio.
3. Comprehensive experience with motion graphics (After Effects), design (Photoshop), color correction software (Red Giant) and editing (Final Cut Pro, Avid, Premiere Pro).
4. Experience working with a wide variety of video codecs and the ability to encode for web and DVD.
5. Flexibility, creativity, and staying calm under pressure.
6. Ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
7. Highly motivated and capable of keeping current with emerging applications and technologies.
8. Must have working knowledge of industry-standard operating systems, software, and hardware and be able to identify, research, and recommend software and hardware for use in producing professional graphics and multimedia products.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to build successful relationships with diverse students, faculty and staff.
10. Outstanding organizational, time-management and conflict-resolution skills.
11. A strong understanding of technical and creative aspects involved with pre-production, production and post-production.
12. Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
13. Ability to participate in administrative/faculty creative meetings.
14. Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
15. Proven capacity to work by the highest ethics.
1. Specialties in audio, lighting, photography, photo editing, video production studio set up/maintenance, and video archiving Music-editing skills.
2. Experience using a Web Content Management System. HTML knowledge and experience optimizing graphics for web.
3. Other useful relevant skills include: XHTML, CSS, Active Server Pages (ASP), Macromedia Flash, writing for the web, graphic design or illustration, and streaming media.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds of production equipment.
Contact Video and Motion Graphic Designer|